How Do I Hold this %&$#! Microphone?!
Last time we started our “Top Tips for Your Next Speaking Engagement”. This is Part 2 of better microphone usage:
- Microphones can be handheld or lavaliere—the kind that clip to your clothing.
- When using a handheld mic, make sure it doesn’t block your face. You want your audience to see AND hear you.
- Hold the handheld microphone six inches from your mouth so that it picks up your voice clearly, but not close enough that your lips make that “popping sound” or result in feedback, which hurts your listeners’ ears.
- Avoid bumping the mic, as it causes feedback.
- Lavaliere mics can be wired or wireless. If you’re using a lapel or lavaliere microphone, make sure that you place it six inches from your chin.
- Clip a lavaliere mic to the center of your shirt, blouse, or tie at about the level of the […]