How Much Do Poor Communication Skills Really Cost?
TOP TEN RISKS TO A COMPANY WITH INEFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION:
- Inability to attract qualified job applicants.
- Poor hiring decisions.
- Miscommunication of key information resulting in either rework or errors.
- Staff burnout due to low morale and lack of motivation.
- Reduced staff retention and subsequent increased staff turnover.
- Inability to meet critical deadlines.
- Costly purchasing errors with vendors.
- Damage to company image and loss of revenue.
- Frustration among internal customers which leads to downtime.
- Misperceptions and frustrations among external customers which equates to dissatisfied customers.
As you can deduce from the preceding top ten risks, ineffective communication is generally not limited to one or two situations or a few employees. Rather it can start out on a small scale and if left unattended, can have a spiraling effect across departments. This can manifest itself in a pervasive company problem, which often leads to finger pointing […]